Just shy of a month after the first Beta release of MapStruct 1.2, the team is happy to announce the second Beta, fixing a couple of bugs that sneaked in with the many new features offered by the new 1.2 release line.
We fixed 16 issues, most of them reported by users. The most infamous bugs reported and fixed are:
- Some type conversions stopped working under some circumstances due to an odd JDK behaviour that we didn’t run into previously.
- Unmapped target properties in name based mappings resulted in an error instead of being reported as configured with
- A StackOverflowError was thrown while automatically generating methods in a type structure with circles.
@Contextparameters didn’t play along with nested property mappings.
Plus, the newly introduced automapping feature now also creates Enum mapping methods.
We were incredibly amazed by the amount and the quality of feedback we got on the last release in such a short time. So a big Thank You to Harald Brabenetz, Alexander Zhuravlev, John Watson, 44past4, Azork, iersel, and idkw for your issue reports that contributed to the release! And after initially contributing the awesome automapping feature, Dmytro Polovinkin continued to help out improving it - many thanks to you as well, we really appreciate it!
Ready to try out the new release? Great! We need the feedback!
You find the new release from Maven Central using the following GAV coordinates:
- Annotation JAR: org.mapstruct:mapstruct-jdk8:1.2.0.Beta2 (for usage with Java >= 8) or org.mapstruct:mapstruct:1.2.0.Beta2 (for earlier Java versions)
- Annotation processor JAR: org.mapstruct:mapstruct-processor:1.2.0.Beta2
For those not using a dependency management tool such as Maven or Gradle, we also provide distribution bundles (ZIP, TAR.GZ) on SourceForge.
If you run into any trouble or would like to report a bug, feature request or similar, use the following channels to get in touch: